The Agency has been set up by the Law on Peaceful Settlement of Labor Disputes (Official Gazette 125\04), pursuant to which it operates, being at the same time the first institutionalizedservice pursuing a peaceful settlement of individual and collective disputes. The Authority of the Agency in individual disputes is termination of employment contract and payment of minimum wages, whereas in collective disputes it shall have the authority related to the conclusion, amendments or implementation of collective agreements, the realization of rights of associations into trade unions and strike. The parties in dispute are free to decide VOLUNTARILY to accede to peaceful settlement of dispute, except for the activities of THE COMMON GOOD , when the settlement is obligatory.
THE ADVANTAGES OF PEACEFUL SETTLEMENT I.E. OUT-OF-COURT RESOLUTION TO COURT SETTLEMENT
- EFFICIENCY – the settlements are resolved within 30 day time at the latest, which is not to be“Exceeded”! 30 days after the process has been initiated the parties in dispute will be given the LEGALLY VALID AND EXECUTIVE RESOLUTION. A collective dispute is to be resolved without unnecessary stalling, with help given by the arbiter selected AGREEABLY by the parties-employers and trade unions, thereby providing the EQUALITY to all the participants. The competence and experience of the conciliator contribute to the development, improvement and the tolerance of social dialogues, thus avoiding the most harmful and expensive consequence-STRIKE!
- FREE OF CHARGE – The parties in procedure do not undertake any charges!
- IMPARTIALITY – the arbiters in individual and the conciliators in collective disputes, are selected agreeably by the parties from the list of eminent experts in the area of the Labor Law.
- JOINT INTEREST – both the parties save their time and money. In individual disputes which take years to be resolved due to the large number of cases, an employee, in the course of a long process, finds him in very difficult financial position, whereas an employer is compiled with the amount of damages that he has to pay on behalf of earnings lost for the unlawful termination of employment, and the interest rates increase on behalf of unpaid salaries. In collective disputes, burdened by the problems of transition- privatization and the reconstruction of economy, as well as the low level of economic democracy and tolerance, the assistance of the arbiter is helpful in finding the compromise and functional solution, being approved by both the employers and the employees.
- THE HARMONIZATION OF THE RELATIONS OF SOCIAL PARTNERS
THE REDUCTION IN THE NUMBER OF STRIKES
THE DISENCUMBERING OF COURTS
FAST, EFFICIENT AND INEXPENSIVE RESOLUTION OF LABOR DISPUTES
THE INFLUENCE ON THE REFORMS OF THE LABOR LAW AS THE PRECONDITION TO NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
:: Biography of Director
:: Biography of Deputy Director
Contact telephones and addresses :
The Agency of Peaceful Settlement of Labor Disputes
Address: Omladinskih brigada 1, New Belgrade
Phone number/Fax: 011/3131-416, 011/3131-418